Councillor Jackson is Chairman of Penrith Council and was elected the second Mayor of Penrith on 15 May 2017.
The Council’s Civic Protocol governs the Mayors duties and responsibilities.
The Mayors responsibilities:
- Leading the community in support of the Council’s values and vision. This may involve finding ways of improving the engagement with local people, encouraging citizenship, championing worthy causes and encouraging formal and informal partnerships to work towards the priorities and objectives of the Council. This is all consistent with the move towards greater public involvement and local accountability enshrined within the Localism Act 2011.
- Acting as first citizen and ambassador of the Council in promoting the Council area, its aims and vision.
- Presiding over civic functions and hosting receptions for representatives of local businesses and voluntary and community groups.
- Attending a range of functions by outside organisations, locally, regionally and, occasionally, nationally and internationally. This may include royal events, remembrance services and awards ceremonies.
- Helping to raise funds for specific charitable organisations identified at the start of the civic year.
- Observing civic protocols when undertaking the civic and ceremonial events.
The Deputy Town Clerk manages the Mayors diary. You can contact the Deputy Town Clerk on 017668 899 773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively using the Mayoral Engagement Booking form below, you can contact the Council Office if you would like to invite the Mayor to a function or event. Please fill in the form below and we will reply as soon as possible.