PENRITH TOWN COUNCIL REQUIRES A
PART TIME RESPONSIBLE FINANCE OFFICER
Since it was established, in May 2015, Penrith Town Council has seen sound financial management as one of its key priorities. With the growth in its annual budget the town council is now seeking to appoint a permanent RFO.
The RFO must be a qualified accountant.
The Council outsources payroll, pensions, electronic payments, VAT and accountancy to an external accountancy service.
The Responsible Financial Officer’s key tasks will be
- to develop an effective working relationship with the external accountancy service
- to be responsible for developing the annual budget from inception to approval by the council
- to provide an effective budget monitoring process to meet the needs of both officers and members
- to be responsible for preparation of the annual accounts returns, including liaison with the Council’s external auditors
- to be the lead contact with the Council’s internal auditors
- to be the lead officer for the Council’s Finance Committee.
The post is permanent and offered on annualised hours contract based on 8 hours per week. The RFO will be expected to plan his/her hours to meet the requirements of the job. Salary will be paid monthly in equal instalments irrespective of the actual hours worked.
The post will commence 4 June 2018. The Town Council provides the Local Government Pension Scheme. The 2016-2018 NJC Salary Awards allocated to this position is LC3 POINT 43 or £38,237 FTE per annum, pro rata.
The application pack consists of a PDF pack with Job description, Person Specification & Written Particulars. If you would like to download the pack click here.
The application form is in editable WORD format and can be downloaded by clicking here.
or email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 6 April 2018
Interview Date: 20 April 2018