Our press releases are listed below with the most recent visible at the top. New press releases will be added as they are issued. If you have any queries, please get in touch by email or ring Penrith Town Council Office. Tel. 01768 899 773
Press Releases By Date – Penrith Town Council
- 20th May, 2019 –Eden Local – Penrith Gearing up to Bloom Again
- 20th April, 2019 – Eden Local – Penrith Town Council Approved Contractors List
- 20th April, 2019 – Eden LocalAnnual Report, Penrith Town Council
- 20th March, 2019 – Eden Local – Stand for penrith Town Council in the May 2019 Elections
- 20th February 2019 – Neighbourhood Plan- Help Achieve the Future of Penrith
- 4th February, 2019 – Help Achieve the Vision for Penrith in 2032
- 30th January, 2019 – Shaping the Future of Penrith
- 14th November 2018 – Remembering those who shall not grow old
- 31st October, 2018 – Penrith Remembers
- 24th October, 2018 – Penrith Wins Silver Gilt at Britain in Bloom Awards
- 24th October,2018 – Meet the Mayor
- 17th October, 2018 –Penrith Town Council Funds Projects to Benefit the Community
Neighbourhood Plan Press Releases
In addition to the above, the Town Council has organised regular press releases in relation to the Neighbourhood Plan.
6th May 2019: 10.00am – 17.00. FREE ENTRY
The Carnival, organised by the Lions of Penrith, starts at 10am with street entertainment, charity stalls, food stalls, a funfair and many attractive and interesting displays.
May Queen crowned at 2.30pm. Grand parade starts at 3pm at Penrith Leisure Centre
Entertainment is provided for all ages and musical tastes. The highlight of the day is the crowning of the May Queen and Grand Parade through the town when many local groups participate accompanied by bands and youth musicians.
Penrith is entered for Cumbria and Britain in Bloom Competitions, 2019.
Penrith has entered the Cumbria in Bloom competition, 2019 and has been selected as one of 71 finalists chosen from across the UK for the Britain in Bloom Competition, 2019.
Chairman of Britain in Bloom judging panel, Darren Share said:
“Britain in Bloom isn’t just about spectacular floral displays and making our villages, towns and cities beautiful to live in and visit. Many of this year’s finalists are on the frontline of tackling some of the UK’s biggest challenges such as climate change, plastic waste on beaches and declining pollinator populations.”
Judges will visit the finalists listed below over a two week period from 29th July, 2019.