Planning Committee Meeting Dates
|Monday||08 June 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||06 July 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||03 August 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||07 September 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||05 October 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||02 November 2020||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||07 December 2020||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||11 January 2021||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||01 February 2021||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||01 March 2021||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||12 April 2021||1.00m - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
Planning Committee Meetings
The Planning Committee has delegated authority to; respond to all planning matters in the town and parish, and to develop a Neighbourhood Plan for Penrith.
Cllr. Jackson – Chair
Cllr. Shepherd – Vice Chair
Cllr Fallows – Standing Deputy
Terms of Reference
All local councils must have terms of reference for committees which outline their responsibilities and their rules of procedure. Please refer to the current Scheme of Delegation for further information.
Every formal meeting of the Council is open to the press and public.
The Council provides opportunity for members of the public to make statements or ask questions.
Public Participation at meetings is called Public Participation and appears at the beginning of the meeting:
- Prior to the meeting please write to the Town Clerk informing the Council that you wish to speak.
- You will be allowed to speak at the discretion of the Chair.
- Your name will not be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
- The Chair will invite you to stand/sit in location where you can be clearly heard.
- You can speak for a maximum of 3 minutes per meeting.
- Supplementary questions will be allowed for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- The Council may respond to you at the meeting or may write to you.
- You must not interrupt speakers or speak during the member’s debate.
- You must not hold conversations with other members of the public during meetings.
- Members of the public who become disruptive during the meeting will be asked by the Chair to leave.
You are welcome to attend the meeting for all matters in part 1 which is the open to the press and public.
If the Council needs to consider private and confidential matters we will have to disconnect you from the live event and go into private session which we call part 2.
Filming and Recording Meetings
Any person present at a Council meeting may not orally report or comment about a Council meeting as it takes place but otherwise may: film, photograph, or make an audio recording of a meeting; use any other means for enabling persons not present to see or hear proceedings at a meeting as it takes place or later; report or comment on the proceedings in writing during or after a meeting, or orally report or comment after the meeting. Anyone making a recording for non-domestic purposes is advised to seek advice on their obligations to ensure any processing of personal information complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018.
Anyone who objects to being filmed or recorded should notify the Town Clerk prior to the commencement of the meeting.
Virtual meetings during the Coronavirus Pandemic
We are unable to hold public meetings during the Covid-19 crisis and we want you to be able to follow and take part in the democratic decisions that affect you.
We are now able to meet via video conferencing and you are invited to join us.
When you join the meeting we respectfully ask that you are patient as we may not be able to start promptly whilst we carry out checks to ensure all participants are connected.
This meeting format is new to all of us and we do not have qualified in-house IT support and we are working to the best of our abilities to make this experience as professional and inclusive as possible.
Public speaking at meetings has been temporarily suspended. You may send a representation into the office by noon on the day of the meeting and your representation will be read out by the Chair at the meeting. This is to ensure that your representation is heard even if you loose connectivity or audio connection.
The Council has approved Virtual Meeting Standing Orders to allow for meetings to resume virtually.
To join a virtual meeting
Click on the link below to join the next virtual meeting:
The next meeting of the Planning Committee can be joined virtually via Zoom using the following access details:
Meeting ID: 847 1717 4958
- You will need a device which enables video calling is best such as a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Download the agenda for the meeting.
- Open the Zoom application via your browser or Zoom app and enter the Meeting ID and password.
- If you are able to join the virtual meeting as with public council meetings, you are able to ask a question for up to 3 minutes by making a formal request by email or by telephone no later than 12 noon the day before of the meeting. Use the underlined email link to contact our office:
or call 01768 899 773
- Your microphone will be unmuted when you are called by the Chair to make your representation.
- Members of the public can view and listen to the rest of the meeting.
Municipal Year 2020-2021
Use the underlined links below to open PDF agenda for each Meeting:
Use the underlined link below to open PDF copy of the draft minutes of the last Meeting:
Use the underlined links below to open PDF copy of the approved minutes:
MINUTES- 8 June 2020
MINUTES – 2 November 2020
The Council publishes minutes and agenda for 12 months on this website, after which they are archived.
Please contact the Council Office for copies of the agenda or approved minutes for previous years.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this page
We want to ensure that everyone can access our information and we are working to improve our website. Please contact us if you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read or in an alternative format.
We will consider your request and respond to you in ten working days.