Planning Committee Meeting Dates
|Monday||08 June 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||06 July 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||03 August 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||07 September 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||05 October 2020||2.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||02 November 2020||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||07 December 2020||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||11 January 2021||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||01 February 2021||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||01 March 2021||1.00pm - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
|Monday||12 April 2021||1.00m - 3.15pm||Virtual - Penrith Town Council, 19-24 Friargate, Penrith|
Planning Committee Meetings
The Planning Committee has delegated authority to; respond to all planning matters in the town and parish, and to develop a Neighbourhood Plan for Penrith.
Cllr. Jackson – Chair
Cllr. Shepherd – Vice Chair
Cllr Fallows – Standing Deputy
Planning Committee Terms of Reference
All local councils must have terms of reference for committees which outline their responsibilities and their rules of procedure. Please refer to the current Scheme of Delegation for further information.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT COMMITTEE MEETINGS
WHICH MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC?
- Every meeting of the Full Council is open to the press and public.
- Council Committees.
The Council provides opportunity for members of the public to make statements or ask questions.
Public Participation at meetings is called Public Participation and appears at the beginning of the meeting.
- Prior to the meeting please write to the Town Clerk informing the Council that you wish to speak.
- You will be allowed to speak at the discretion of the Chairman.
- Your name will not be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
- More than one question may be asked by an individual questioner subject to the time limit of 3 minutes.
- Where a number of questions or statements are received expressing a similar view on one agenda item it is expected that a representative will be nominated to voice those views to minimise repetition.
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR SPEAKING?
- The Chairman will invite you to stand/sit in location where you can be clearly heard.
- You can speak for a maximum of 3 minutes per meeting.
- Supplementary questions will be allowed for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- The Council may respond to you at the meeting or may write to you.
- You must not interrupt speakers or speak during the member’s debate.
- You must not hold conversations with other members of the public during meetings.
- Members of the public who become disruptive during the meeting will be asked by the Chairman to leave.
Virtual meetings during the Coronavirus Pandemic
We are unable to hold public meetings during the Covid-19 crisis and we want you to be able to follow and take part in the democratic decisions that affect you.
We are now able to meet via video conferencing and you are invited to join us.
When you join the meeting we respectfully ask that you are patient as we may not be able to start promptly whilst we carry out checks to ensure all participants are connected.
This meeting format is new to all of us and we do not have qualified in-house IT support and we are working to the best of our abilities to make this experience as professional and inclusive as possible.
Public speaking at meetings has been temporarily suspended. You may send a representation into the office by noon on the day of the meeting and your representation will be read out by the Chair at the meeting. This is to ensure that your representation is heard even if you loose connectivity or audio connection.
You are welcome to attend the meeting for all matters in part 1 which is the open to the press and public.
If the Council needs to consider private and confidential matters we will have to disconnect you from the live event and go into private session which we call part 2.
The Council has approved virtual meeting standing orders to allow for meetings to resume virtually.
To access the meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to enable you to join.
What will I need?
A device which enables video calling is best such as a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
You can join the meeting in two main ways:
- Download the agenda for the meeting.
- Click on the Zoom link that you have been provided which will open Zoom or allow you to download Zoom if you haven’t used it before.
- Follow the instructions to download Zoom and join the meeting 15 minutes before the start time
- If you already have a Zoom account, you can open the Zoom application and enter the Meeting ID and password.
- Zoom has produced a guide and videos explaining how to join meetings from different devices. These can be found HERE
Can I ask a public question?
- You can make a written representation or statement before noon on the day of the meeting by emailing: email@example.com
- If you are able to join the virtual meeting as with public council meetings, you are able to ask a question for up to 3 minutes by making a formal request by email or by telephone to:firstname.lastname@example.org or 01768 899 773 – No later than 12 noon the working day before the meeting.
- Microphones will be muted following public question time, members of the public can view and listen to the rest of the meeting.
- I have started to join the meeting but have not been admitted and am waiting?
The meeting host has to manually admit all attendees to the meeting from 15 minutes before the meeting start time, this may take a few minutes.
- I have joined the meeting but I am the only attendee?
You may be the first to join the meeting, more attendees should join shortly.
- I have joined the meeting but no one can hear me?
Ensure you are not muted, the microphone symbol at the bottom left of the screen should not have a line through it.
- I have joined the meeting but I cannot hear anyone?
Check that your volume is turned up and that you are not muted.
- I have joined the meeting but I cannot see all the attendees?
You can change the display settings on Zoom, at the top right of the screen, this will enable you to change who you see and how many participants you see at once. ‘Gallery view’ is similar to attending a physical meeting as you will be able to see all attendees on your screen at once.
- My connection dropped and I am no longer in the meeting?
Try to re-join the meeting using the link or meeting ID and password. If this doesn’t work, try moving closer to your Wi-Fi router and try re-joining the meeting. If you cannot connect, try re-starting your Wi-Fi router.
- How do I leave the meeting?
When the meeting has ended the host will end the meeting for all which will close the meeting window. At the bottom right of the screen, you will have the option to leave or exit the meeting at any point throughout the meeting.
Municipal Year 2020-2021
Click on DATE (below) to open PDF agenda for each Planning Committee Meeting:
DRAFT MINUTES – 5 October 2020
Click on DATE (below) to open PDF minutes for each Planning Committee Meeting:
MINUTES- 8 June 2020
MINUTES – 5 October 2020
Municipal Year 2019-2020
Click on DATE (below) to open PDF agenda for each Planning Committee Meeting:
AGENDA – 3 June 2019
AGENDA – 8 July 2019
AGENDA – 2 September 2019
AGENDA – 7 October 2019
AGENDA – 4 November 2019
AGENDA – 2 December 2019
AGENDA – 13 January 2020
AGENDA – 3 February 2020
AGENDA – 2 March 2020
Click on DATE (below) to open PDF approved minutes for each Planning Committee Meeting:
MINUTES – 3 June 2019
MINUTES – 8 July 2019
MINUTES – 2 September 2019
MINUTES – 7 October 2019
MINUTES – 4 November 2019
MINUTES – 2 December 2019
MINUTES – 13 January 2020
MINUTES – 3 February 2020
MINUTES – 2 March 2020